

I kept trying to get him to look at the camera, and every time he did the look on his face seemed to say "Mom, I'm trying to have fun and I can't if I have to keep looking at the camera!" This last picture is of Liam and his fascination with his belly button. I don't know what it is, but Liam LOVES his belly button! The first thing he does in the morning is pull up his shirt and show me his belly button. He has an obsession with things that stick out from skin, like moles and scabs, but especially his belly button. So, because he was walking around without a shirt on it was really easy to reach down and make sure that his belly button was still there!
I was standing at the park watching Liam run around when a random lady walked up to me and said "Your belly is so poky, it looks like your baby is laying flat out! I have never seen such a poky belly. Does it hurt?" I assured her that it did not hurt and then she started rubbing my belly. AWKWARD! She told me that it was cute but it just looked like it really hurt, and mentioned again how big and poky my belly looked. Then she said hi to Liam, who was hiding from her behind my leg (he didn't want her touching his belly) and then she walked away. I was trying so hard not to laugh as she walked away! It was just so random but it made me laugh really hard! Sarah said she must not have kids of her own yet, because no woman in her right mind who had been pregnant would ever say that to another pregnant woman! A while later Liam walked up to a group of little girls his size and looked at all of them. Then he pushed his belly out as far as he could and showed them all his belly button. Let's just say they were really impressed!
4 comments:
Of course they were impressed! Anyone with such a fine belly and belly button would be impressive! So cute ... glad you had fun.
Ug, people can be so strange sometimes. You just have to laugh. Looks like tons of fun in the sun!
That looks like tons of fun! I have a playdate with Kevin's sisters to go there. I am glad to see how fun it looks!
I love splash pads! Aren't they the most clever thing? I took the girls with a friend to one a day or so ago and we had so much fun. Liam's a doll.
And, I bet that woman was just trying to feel better about herself. She probably HAS had kids and knows she looked ten times more "pokey-outey" than you! Ha! That's what I say. :)
Post a Comment