Monday, October 27, 2008

Like Mother Like...Son?

I was in the kitchen washing dishes the other morning and Liam came in and sat down by my feet. He sat quietly for a few minutes and I looked down and this is what I saw.
I didn't know what he was doing, and then he showed me. This video will explain it better.

So after he "fed" his baby he had to burp her! He went and got Annie's burp cloth and put it on HIS head and then put the baby on his shoulder to burp her. After he made a few burping noises he declared her "done!" and put her in the crib and went about his day playing with his toys.

A few days ago I posted a picture of Liam wearing this shirt with a big smile on his face and said something about how much he loved being a big brother. He has since realized that it isn't always fun and games.

It's hard being a big brother!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

This is soo cute! He is such a smart little boy. :-)

Paula said...

Justin used to do something like that too ... He's got it all figured out! And even though being a big brother is hard, he is very good at it already! This was darling!

The Hegsted Family said...

That is awesome! What a good little boy! He wants to be just like his mommy and help take care of the baby. That is so sweet! I can't wait for us to see your kids. Only 10 more days! Yea!

Suzanne said...

thats hilarious! i love it!

Emily said...

I love that he holds the blanket in his mouth. He is so cute.

The Wrays said...

Oh that is the cutest thing EVER! It made me laugh and smile.

Andersen said...

That is what i am worried when our baby comes Reve will not think it is so fun after a while. After all the attention is off him.

Kylene said...

Being an only child to a BIG brother is definitely an adjustment. He is so cute. Kids watch EVERYTHING we do don't they!

Amber said...

Its crazy how big the older brother looks and acts as soon as the baby comes home!! Treycen has that same shirt. She is soo cute!!