Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Baby Sister is here!


She came! Annie Hegsted was born Sunday, October 5th, 2008 at 11:23 am. She weighed 7 lbs 3 oz and was 19.5 inches long. Labor started around 5 pm on Saturday and we went to the hospital at 10 that night. We had to walk around the hospital for about two hours before they considered me ready to be admitted and then we got right in an started an epidural. I guess she decided she wasn't ready to come out because by 5 in the morning my situation was still the same. Dr. Allred came in and broke my water and then my contractions quit all together. I had to be started on PIT and nothing really changed until about 9:30 Sunday morning. Once she finally decided to come out she came really fast! We are so happy that she is here safe and sound!
One of the first things she did was grab hold of Cole's finger. She has quite the little grip and he became instantly wrapped!

Liam, however, is taking a little longer to become fully wrapped. He is pretty shy around her and is taking his time warming up to her but I know it will happen!

13 comments:

Ryan and Maria said...

Congratulations on your new arrival! She is a very cute newborn :) Maria

Nicole and Lurlyn said...

Beautiful baby girl! Good work McKenzie and Cole! Congratulations!

Paula said...

Love the pic with her holding Cole's finger. She is a hand holder!!!

The Wrays said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely gorgeous!

The Nielsons said...

Congratulations!!!!! Oh how fun you guys are so blessed!!!

Kylene said...

Congrats!! She is absolutely beautiful. I love her name. So cute! She looks like a little Annie. :) I hope you're feeling well and getting some rest.

Rachel said...

Congrats! She is adorable!! I am sure that Liam will warm up to her fast! I am so happy for all of you!

krick said...

That's awesome! Aren't new babies just amazing?

Andersen said...

SHe is a cute little one. Makes me excited to have mine. I hope mine will be cute like yours.

Justin and Andrea said...

Congratulations!!! Cole will be smitten with her for a long time. Keep her close and cherish these moments forever!!

Stephanie said...

Yea! She is just beautiful! You guys are the cutest little family. Enjoy all your fun girly moments with her. Congratulations

The Hegsted Family said...

Congratulations you guys! What a beautiful sweet little baby girl! We are so happy for you. We can't wait to come and hold her, too! Liam will come around. It's just so hard to one day have to share your parents' attention with someone else. It took Isaac a couple of weeks to adjust, and is still adjusting from time to time.

Savannah said...

Yah! She's here! Congratulations. She's absolutely gorgeous!