Friday, June 27, 2008

Poor Little Liam

Today Liam was outside playing and was walking on a metal ramp. I told him to be careful because it was hot so he tried to get down. He doesn't like walking downhill so he got on his hands and knees to crawl down backwards. Before I could get to him he had burnt both hands and knees. Most of both his palms are burnt and his fingertips are as well. He also got a blister on each knee. Soft little skin burns so fast, and he was hurting bad. I felt awful! We tried everything we could think of to give him some relief and finally after the medicine kicked in he felt a little better. It's so hard to have them hurting and not know how to make them feel instantly better. You can't see the burns too well in the picture but his little hands are real red. In the video he was falling asleep. Because he got burnt his nap got pushed back and so he was really tired. He would just almost get asleep and then he would wave his hands trying to make them feel better. Poor little Liam!


3 comments:

Savannah said...

The Poor Little Thing. I hope they heal quickly and don't bother him too much. I hate it when stuff like that happens.

Nicole and Lurlyn said...

OH! Poor Liam. You can tell how bad his hands are in the video. Poor little guy.

Brittney said...

That is so sad. His video was sad! Burns hurt so much and it is sad because they pretty much just burn no matter what.